Friday, September 18, 2009

Runnin' like a fool

Last year I had the luminous idea to start running. I got into it because of the Batavierenrace, the biggest student running event. After a few weeks of training I thought it'd be cool to try and run the 1/2 marathon next year.

And now it is 2009 and guess what. Tomorrow is THE BIG DAY of the Dam tot Damloop. Not a 1/2 marathon but 10 miles. I signed up for it in june, with the event still comfortably far away and with the noble intention of following a training schedule.

I think I followed that schedule for about two weeks, then it all went to hell. I went to London, Copenhagen, played WoW, went to the gym, cycled, worked, chilled, picked my nose, did my laundry, stroked my cat...you name it...BUT I DIDN'T RUN. So errr...tomorrow is going to be a total joke. Sure, I'm not in a bad shape, I feel pretty fit physically. I don't know if I feel fit enough to run 10 miles comfortably though. The last two weeks I've been nervous for various reasons and totally lost my apetite for food. I was low on energy and didn't do much at all (and lost 2kg). All in all, not an ideal preparation *cough*.

Today I tried to make up for it by bulking food. I kinda failed though, because I only ate breakfast and dinner. How the hell can you eat, if you don't feel hunger????

So right now, I'm enjoying the feeling of chillin'. After the run tomorrow I think I'll feel more dead than alive!

1 comment:

Milla said...

You are a crazy gal!!!

The run was yesterday -I hope you are still alive AND WELL today!