Thursday, September 10, 2009

A lot can happen in one week!

Music
My two orchestra's have started again, and it made me so incredibly happy to play again! I've been making music on my own during the summer, but it's much more fun in a big group. I was especially surprised with how well we could still play the difficult stuff (Cappricio Italian by Tchaikovsky and La Boda de Louis Alonso); it gave me a few goosebump-moments. Lovely!
It was very nice to see all my fellow orchestra members back. It's difficult for me to explain, but the orchestra members are like family to me. Music has helped to keep me sane in bad times, and the orchestras play a big part in my music experience.
Next saturday: jazz concert with a jazz band.
3rd of October: big classical gig in Winterswijk (of all places..zzz)
November: exchange concert with IJsselstein Orchestra and a big classical gig in Sluiskilde
December: Silvesterconcert

Job
This monday, I started with a new part-time job at a computer store. I sent an open solicitation, had a chat with the boss and was hired. I had no idea what was expected from me, and I when I arrived last monday they just put me in the store without much explanation or whatever. Turns out I have very cool colleagues (one in particular) so all is well. It appears I like selling things, who would have ever thought that???? (I wouldn't!!)
Yesterday I was helping two guys picking out a laptop, and it took well over an hour. It was fun! The inner nerd in me is just very happy to be around so many computers, and I want to learn more about it all. Working in a computer store will hopefully help me to gather more technical knowledge about computers. As a Apple fangirl I must say it's weird to sell other brands, but I'll probably be buying a new PC soon myself. I want to be able to game more (my three year old MacBook barely runs WoW on low settings), and my best buddy Christiaan found out that I can buy a good gaming PC for about 800 euro. An equivalent Mac gaming setup would cost 2,200. Ok, I love Macs, but my love has boundaries!

The only downside of being so busy all of a sudden is that, for some reason, I'm NERVOUS all the time. My stomach is tense, and it produces a funny feeling. I feel elated all the time and full of joy, but I can barely eat and sleep. Last night, I finally slept for 7 hours straight, but when I woke up the jittery feeling started again! I am used to going to the gym and running for 3-4 times per week, but when I couldn't even eat breakfast yesterday and went to the gym I didn't do good at all. I could barely lift 1/2 the weight I normally lift.
I feel hungry sometimes, then I try to eat and more often than not it just tastes not good at all. Even chocolate isn't attractive to me right now, well...that says something! I hope it'll be alright in a few days, because the Dam tot Damloop is also drawing nearer. No way I can run 16km with my current energy level.

1 comment:

Milla said...

1) It's great you've started playing again. I remember when we were talking in my living room you telling me how much you love playing with other people. Oh, the camaraderie! That's the best part.

2) Good news about the new job!

3) Hmmm maybe your adrenaline levels are too high all the time...