Thursday, November 30, 2006

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand

A few months ago, I still visited a forum of a mmorpg that I had played a few years earlier. On that forum I posted the link to the first video that I made (La Dispute). One guy responded with something like: "I liked your video, but you will be my hero if you play To Zanarkand from Final Fantasy". I never played Final Fantasy and I hadn't heard the music either. Coincidentally, I had acces to the music a month or so later and I fell in love with the song at once. It didn't sound to complicated to learn, but it turned out to be harder than I thought. I'm not really experienced on the piano yet; learning new songs is a hard and difficult process. I think it took me about 4 weeks to learn the song; I learn all the songs I play out of my head, because I can't watch the sheet music and my hands at the same time...Furthermore, I'm not experienced in reading the notes from the basscleff, because I started out on clarinet and I'm thus experienced in reading the G-cleff. Despite all the hardships, I loved learning this song and I still enjoy playing it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great performing.

Unknown said...

I really love how you play.
I'm just starting to learn how to play the piano and I always wanted to learn this song. I too have problems reading the sheet music and would rather memorize the song.
But I can't play this one very well. It's hard to figure out the keys to press and the cordination... Let's just say that Im not that good!

Khan said...

That was such a good play. I followed your path and went playing this now :)

Anonymous said...

I am in literally the same position, except substitute trumpet for clarinet. this looks and sounds great, and I can only hope my venture goes as well.