Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Book addiction

I was browsing through old photo's when I found these two. They are quick shots, made with my phone, but they had a tremendous effect on me!

Those of you who know me, know that I am a book addict and these two photo's made me realise that I haven't been in a bookstore for almost a month. That's insane! I love visiting bookstores in Utrecht, but the bookstore on the photo's is my favorite.

It's a second hand bookstore, Aleph, and I love the lay-out of the store. Books all over the place, a shabby salesman reading the newspaper behind his desk... You can just browse the store for ages without being disturbed. Although the shop is in the centre of Utrecht, it's not often crowded. People prefer to go to Selexyz, the big store just around the corner. I prefer to hang around at Aleph, where the smell of old books is all that enters your nose...lovely!


1 comment:

Milla said...

The difference between Dutch second-hand bookshops and the English ones is that the Dutch one are CLEAN and TIDY. And therefore you can actually find something to buy!