Thursday, April 9, 2009

Traveling For Brahms

The internet is for lazy people. Sometimes that can backfire on you, though. I found that out today.

Three weeks ago I ordered a cd-box with the complete works of Johannes Brahms, one of my favorite composers. It was a 60 cd-box for just 45 euro; I just couldn't resist! Instead of waiting one day to go to the store to get it (it was sunday), I decided to be lazy and order online. The thing will just come to ya, aight?

For one week, nothing happened and I started to get worried. I wanted my Brahms! Then I found a note in my mailbox...the first delivery failed. The second day, same story. Well crap, I have a life, I cannot always be home right? Then the stupidest thing was that the third time UPS tried to deliver the package I was chillin' on the balcony with my neighbours; enjoying the first warm day of spring with a couple of beers. I didn't hear my doorbell....

Now, what I didn't realise was that UPS tries to deliver a package three times, but then..you have to come and get it! I called customer service, and the lady on the phone refused to make a new delivery appointment. And of course, their customer service is in some remote industrial area, way out of town. Crap! I wanted to get the cd-box before Easter and decided to get it this night. It took me 2,5 hours. That's what you get for being lazy and ordering things on the internet!

On the bright side: it was a very lovely spring day. Actually, I think this was the first day that you could really smell the spring. There was a scent of blossom, flowers, and trees in the air. Also, the air felt warm. The cold of winter is slowly fading, and I can't say I dread to see it go. Yesterday, when I did my 45 minute biking trip to work it had just rained, and then the air smelled lovely as well...like fresh earth, I don't know how else to describe it.

Anyway, after a train trip, bus trip, getting the package, bus trip, another bus trip and a 30 minute walk I was finally home. With Brahms. This box better be consisting of fine conductors and orchestra's playing!
Made some pics with my phone:


this is where the fuss was all about..
spring!
reflections in  the water

lovely flowers

1 comment:

Christiaan said...

Oeh! Dit dit: you have to come and get it!

DMX
Cause what you want do we got it?
come and get it player, we wit it, or you gotta do and sit it BABY.
RIDE OR DIE
What you waaant
What you want
COME AND GET IT
COME AND GET IT
Baby!
Ride or die!
Ride or die!
What you really want?

DMX!
Come and get it!


Ik zat dus, precies te luisteren naar: Knifehandchop - sunjammer is my favourite pokemon trainer