Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ridiculous Music - Episode I

Everybody knows that music is divers. There is so much more than just classical, pop, electronic music...
These days, almost nothing can suprise me anymore. I remember the days when I could barely listen to metal (the grunting sounded horrible to me), but now I'd say that I can handle almost anything. 

However, sometimes I still get surprised at what people produce. I want to hunt those moments when I still think "what the heck, this is ridiculous". The word ridiculous isn't negative per se. Yes, it would mean absurd (and somtimes laughable), but also impossible (how do they play this??) and unbelievable.

For this first episode I'd like to introduce: Hatebeak.
I already know this band for over a year, but I recently re-listened to one of the two songs that I have of them and again thought: WTF. 
Hatebeak is a grindcore band; a genre that is already kind of obscure anyway and usually not really my cup of tea.
However, they don't have a normal 'singer'. No, instead they have a parrot as their main source for 'vocals'.
And seriously, when I first heard his..erm...screeching I couldn't stop laughing. It actually goes pretty well with grindcore imo. It's noise anyway, why not add more!! The parrot does a good job producing aggressive 'vocals'.

Their discography includes titles such as 
The Number of the Beak (TBA), Beak of Putrefaction (of which I have two songs), Bird Seeds of Vengeance, The Thing that Should Not Beak. 

They are the only band on last.fm that I tagged 'Parrot Metal'. It's definitely ridiculous!!


1 comment:

Tony Slug said...

Hier ff wat idiote deunen downloaden, je ligt in een deuk
http://www.aprilwinchell.com/audio/

Cheers uit de hoofdstad !