Sunday, March 20, 2011

El Greco

This is going to be a very short post, but while I was in the Metropolitan today I had an unexpected discovery. Despite all the Rembrandt's, Van Gogh's, Goya's, you name it....the painting that made the most lasting impression on me was the following one:


Toledo, from El Greco. I remember reading about it for art class and seeing it printed in Gombrich's book. I thought it looked odd and didn't like it. In real however, it struck me as beautiful and haunting at the same time. I couldn't stop looking at it. The sky.....that sky!!! The colours are so amazing!! The whole scene is so amazing, so gloomy!

The other painting I liked the most was this one, by Goya:


Manuel Osorio de Zuniga


Ahhh, there's so much to write about and not so much free time! There is lots more to write about this museum for sure. I need pictures with that though and it's a daunting task to sort and work through my photo's on this netbook....The slow wifi isn't helping either...

No comments: