Saturday, July 31, 2010

Finally, Starcraft II

I was so sad when I found a note in my mailbox that the mailman had tried to deliver my copy of Starcraft II, the special edition, on Tuesday and I wasn't home. Well yeah, I work full time at the moment, what can I do about that?? And apparently, none of my roomies were home as well, so yeah....unable to deliver.


Wednesday, the same story. I checked the opening hours of the post office, where my package was now stored, and to my dismay it was open from 9:30 - 17:30 on weekdays. I leave the house at 9:00 and come back at 19:00... How the hell can I pick it up then?! Greatly annoyed, I had to surrender myself to the idea that I would have to wait until Saturday to fetch my copy of Starcraft. You can't send anyone else, because you have to show your ID.

Anyway, today is Saturday! Excited like a little child, I went to the post office when it opens, at 10:00 am sharp. At home, I teared the carton box open and there it was, frikkin' finally:







The box looks very cool, completely in theme. When you open it, it reveals all the cool goodies inside.





The special edition contains a lot more than just the DVD with the game: a behind-the-scenes-DVD, a comic book, a book with artwork from the game (my favorite, I LOVE artwork), the soundtrack, and a USB-drive shaped as the dogtag of one of the heroes in the game Raynor James (how cool is that?). I tried to photograph everything:




Stills from the artwork book


The USB drive. I forgot to mention, it comes pre-loaded with Starcraft I.


A still from the comic book


The booklet in the game-DVD


Those bastards from Blizzard are smart. They included a World of Warcraft guest pass, making the temptation to play that game again very high! I'll store them somewhere out of sight for now....

And now, to install the game!!



PS: For those of you who are thinking "What the fuck is Starcraft? A way to craft your own stars?" Lookie here.
And all the pictures in better resolution here.

2 comments:

Marijn said...

Het is dat ik ook een nerd ben...

Looks cool!

M'n broer kocht 't vandaag ook, en nu moet 'ie alleen nog een nieuwe pc ;)

ThaClown said...

Ahhh SC2... Dat wordt weer nachten en nachten opblijven....